Bright Coloured Latex Stretched Over Breath



















I couldn't resist recording this scene, such ridiculous colours, such an even sky. They were marking an allotment party but, and this might be me being a bit immature, they looked a bit Carry On. Suddenly I could see a young Barbara Windsor in my mind.

Anyway a lovely pair however you look at it and when you do stop and think about what you are looking at, it's quite strange really. Four brightly coloured sheets of Latex probably from Asia stretched into a ball shape by the breath of a human being, suspended on a periphery fence, designed to keep vandals and thieves away from the rhubarb or courgettes.

Back to photography, and apart from Barbara this arrangement also put my in mind of Peter Fraser and an early piece called Two Blue Buckets:





















©Peter Fraser


Comments